United Way is building healthier, more resilient individuals by promoting healthy eating, physical activities, and expanding access to quality mental health care. According to the 2015 Community Focus Report, Greene County alone, is home to an estimated 18,800 adults with an untreated serious mental illness. Analysis indicates other troubling red flags including: 13 deaths by suicide, 2,321 incarcerations, and 3,051 cases of adult unemployment; all due to untreated mental illness.
Addressing causes of Poverty
RED FLAG INDICATORS
1 in 4
Experience a behavioral, developmental or mental disability.
1 in 20
Will be treated due to lack of access to service.
1 in 3
Children are obese before their fifth birthday.
We fund programs with these key requirements
• Focus on Red Flag issues
• Use evidence based programming
• Annual output and outcomes impact reports
• Annual financial data
• Hope Center
• Support Groups
• Crisis Hot Line
• Family and Community Education
• Crisis Pregnancy and Parenting
• Mental Health Counseling Sevices
• Specialized Child Care Center ages 6 wks – 6 yrs.
• Home Based First Steps Therapy ages 0 – 3 yrs.
• Center Based Therapy ages 3 – 18 yrs.
• Summer Recreation Camp for all ages
• Saturday Therapeutic Recreation for all ages
• Health & Life Skills for all ages
• Sports, Fitness, and Recreation for all ages