While all needs must be addressed, in order to help individuals and families lift themselves out of poverty, basic needs must be addressed first. If we apply this knowledge to the under-resourced in our community, it is easy to see that we must address needs like food, shelter, and safety before we can focus on higher-level needs such as skills, training, education, and others.
Addressing symptoms of Poverty
RED FLAG INDICATORS
1 in 5
Adults are unable to read beyond a third grade level.
1 in 7
Do not have access to food.
1 in 7
Children are abused or neglected.
1 in 200
Will suffer a violent crime.
We fund programs with these key requirements
• Focus on Red Flag issues
• Use evidence based programming
• Annual output and outcomes impact reports
• Annual financial data
• Financial assistance for victims of disaster
• Financial assistance for basic human needs
• Feeding Programs
• Cold Weather Shelters
• Financial Assistance for Veterans
Critical Need for Emergency Shelter
• Domestic Violence Shelter & Services
• Counseling and Safety Planning
• Shelter for Victims of Disaster
• Safe Shelter for Homeless
• One Door Homeless Services
Child Abuse and Neglect
• Child Advocates
• Shelter for at risk Children
• Childrens Counseling Services